1- What information do we collect?
Astute Imaging, LLC collects the following information:
- Personal information: This includes your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, the name of your employer, and your business title. For healthcare professionals, this also may include your specialty area and information regarding your practice.
- Correspondence information: This is information you provide through the Site when seeking support services, such as when you request customer support or help-desk services or communicate with us via email or social media sites.
- Employment-related information: This is the information you provide when seeking employment with us, such as when you submit your resume and other documentation to apply for a position with us.
- PEMS Information: If using PEMS, we may collect PHI from health care providers that may include medical images, measurements, and diagnostic information. This collection and use are generally subjected to a Business Associate Agreement with the Covered Entity.
- Sensitive personal information: may be collected from users related to our provision of our products and services and/or for research and academic publishing purposes where we have your consent or other lawful basis to process this information. This may include race and ethnicity data and health condition and treatment information.
2- How We Use the Information?
- Provide, operate, maintain, market and promote our products and services;
- Conduct research and develop new or improved products, services, features, and functionalities;
- Provide information about our products and services, and grant you access to the products and services;
- Publish in medical and related journals aggregated, de-identified information
- Process and complete business transactions, such as webinar registrations;
- Evaluate your interest in employment and contact you regarding possible employment with us;
- Communicate directly with you, such as by responding to your comments, questions, and requests;
- Provide customer service and support, such as by sharing notices, updates, alerts, and administrative or marketing messages;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with the Site;
- Investigate or prevent fraudulent or illegal activities, including unauthorized access to the Site;
- Comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- Defend ourselves from legal liability or allegations;
- Respond to emergencies or take steps to prevent harm to Astute Imaging, LLC or any person or entity;
- Negotiate any merger, sale, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of Astute Imaging, LLC business to another entity; and
- Undertake any uses that you have authorized (for example, if you contact us to correct an issue by email, we may use your personal information to respond to and resolve your issue).
3- Disclosure of Information
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personal information, sensitive personal information or PHI. We disclose information including personal information, sensitive personal information and/or PHI depending on the nature of the relationship with trusted third parties who assist us in conducting our business or servicing you, such as third parties that perform web hosting/infrastructure, analytics, marketing, and employee hiring services. When we engage with a third party to perform a function of this nature, we endeavor to provide them only with the minimum information that they need to perform their specific function and we require that they protect the confidentiality of your personal information, sensitive personal information or PHI.
Astute and its third party contractors employ administrative, technical and physical safeguards, consistent with their operations, to protect the confidentiality of personal information, sensitive personal information and PHI and to use or disclosure of personal information, sensitive personal information and PHI in a manner consistent with the terms of the Business Associate Agreement.
Astute Imaging has implemented policies and procedures to comply with the applicable legal and regulatory requirements for safeguarding such information. We have dedicated information security programs and work to update our technical and operational security measures on a regular basis.
Additionally, any account holder information is protected by the password you use to access your online account for the Sites, and we urge you to take steps to keep your username and password safe. Account holders are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their usernames and passwords. If you feel your password has been compromised, you should change it immediately and notify us. When you are finished using our Sites, you should log out of your account and exit your browser. Account holders are also responsible for notifying us immediately of any known or suspected unauthorized use(s) of their accounts, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of login credentials. Any fraudulent, abusive, or otherwise illegal activity on your account may be reported to appropriate law enforcement agencies by us. Please be aware that, despite our best efforts, no security measures are perfect. As a result, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of Account Holder information.
In the event of a security incident that involves personal information, sensitive personal information or PHI, Astute will investigate the incident and take steps pursuant to our Incident Response Plan; if a data breach has occurred, we will notify the covered entity or business associate of such incident as required in the relevant Business Associate Agreement and by relevant state law and document any disclosures of PHI.
Astute will only retain personal information, sensitive personal information and PHI as permitted by or required by applicable law, with the then-current Business Associate Agreement, as directed by health care professionals, or as consistent with Astute’s legitimate business purposes.
Cookies we use include:
- Strictly Necessary: Some cookies are essential to enable you to move around our Sites and use their features, such as accessing secure areas of the Sites via a personal log in. Strictly Necessary cookies are also used to manage technical processes like server load balancing, caching, and security; to anonymize user sessions; and to store your cookie preferences so that we can honor them. Without these cookies, we cannot enable appropriate content based on your permission level. You generally cannot opt out of these cookies.
- Functional: Functional cookies store data for essential website services such as account creation, online learning modules, and media players. They may also be used to customize the user interface, and to store settings, and other user-based preferences. These cookies may be set by us or by third-party providers whose services are used on our pages. If you do not allow these cookies, then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Performance: We use our own cookies and/or third-party cookies to see how visitors use our Sites in order to enhance performance and improve our site, according to best practices.
- Analytic: These cookies and other technologies allow us to understand how you interact with the Sites (e.g., how often you use the websites, where you are accessing the websites from, the content that you are interacting with). Analytic cookies enable us to support and improve how the Sites operate. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Sites, and to understand more about the demographics of our users. We also may use web beacons to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns via HTML emails. If you do not allow Analytic Cookies, then we will not know when you have visited the Sites and we will not be able to monitor performance. For information on how to opt-out of Google Analytics, please see Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on Download Page and Google’s privacy practices. You may set your email options to prevent the automatic downloading of images that may contain technologies that would allow us to know whether you have accessed our email and interacted with the content. For example, web beacons in emails may be blocked by setting your email preferences to “Plain Text Only”.
- Social Media: We provide social media widgets on our Sites that link to social media pages for Astute. These social media pages are not owned or operated by Astute. If you click on the social media widget, you will be taken to our page and a cookie may be set by the social media service to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. It is your choice whether to log-in to your social media account. These sites are governed by their own privacy and related policies. Please read them to understand how they may use your information.
Managing Cookies:There are several ways to manage cookies. You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. The Help feature on most browsers provide information on how to accept cookies, disable cookies, or to notify you when receiving a new cookie. Please note, however, that many of the cookies we use are “strictly necessary” cookies. By blocking or deleting them, you will not be able to access certain features of the Sites. For more information about cookies and how to block them, please visit allaboutcookies.org . As noted above, you can opt out of Google Analytics by visiting their site.
6- Your Choices and Rights
Under applicable privacy laws when we are conducting “business” functions and are not acting as a business associate, service provider or processor and depending on the jurisdiction, you may have the right to request that we disclose personal information and/or sensitive personal information that we have collected, used, or disclosed, as well as the categories of sources from which personal information or sensitive personal information was collected, our business purposes for collecting the personal information and/or sensitive personal information, and the categories of third parties with whom we shared personal information and/or sensitive personal information. You may also have the right to ask us to delete your personal information and/or sensitive personal information we have collected, although that right is not always granted if we have a legal basis for retaining it. We cannot and do not discriminate against a consumer for exercising any of their rights. Astute does not sell or share personal information or sensitive personal information.
Because we do not sell personal information or sensitive personal information, we are not required to offer you to opt out of the sale of any such information. You, or your authorized representative under the applicable privacy law, can request to know or delete or exercise any other applicable right by contacting us as by email at email@example.com or by phone at (844) 327-8883. We will require you to provide additional personal information to verify your identity, but any personal information that you provide to verify your identity will not be used for any other purpose.
Shine the Light Law: Astute does not share information that identifies you personally with non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing use without your permission.
Do not track signals and requests: Do not track signals and requests are sent from your browser to websites you visit indicating you do not want to be tracked or monitored. Currently, our Sites do not honor do not track signals or requests.
7- Access to PHI and Your Rights
As provided in our Business Associate Agreement with your health professional/covered entity, we will make available information necessary for the covered entity to allow individuals to exercise their rights of access, amendment, and accounting in accordance with HIPAA regulations. You should contact the respective covered entity or business associate to exercise your rights. They need to manage your request even if it relates to information that we store on their behalf. We will support them in responding to your request.
In other instances, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us in writing using the address below if you want to exercise any of these rights when applicable.
Please remember that many of your rights are not absolute. In some circumstances, we (or the covered entity or business associate) are not legally required to comply with your request because of relevant legal requirements or obligations which require us to retain PHI, personal information or sensitive personal information.
8- Lawful Bases of Processing
We rely on one or more of the following legal bases to process information:
- the processing is necessary to perform our contractual obligations in our contracts with you or through a Business Associate Agreement;
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of our legitimate interests, such as improving and developing the Sites;
- consent is provided by you for a specific purpose; or
- the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, a court order, or to exercise or defend legal claims.
The Site may be accessed only by individuals who are 18 years of age or older. We do not knowingly collect personal information or sensitive personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If we become aware that an individual under 18 has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information.
10- International users
11- Linked websites
12- How to contact us?
Astute Imaging LLC,
218 Main St, Kirkland, WA